Friday, September 18, 2009

Sittin' at the end of the bar...


OK, what was your over-under on this happening?...
"After Marian Gaborik (sore groin) scrimmaged yesterday for the first time, coach John Tortorella said that though the club's most important forward will not play tonight in Detroit, he might play tomorrow in Boston.

"'Gabby is sore, but a lot of it with him is getting through this mentally and feeling comfortable,' Tortorella said."


We are of the growing impression that Mike Green has a real knack for channeling his inner Yogi Berra, and we mean that in the most endearing, zen-zombie way. Here he is on whether Alex Ovechkin is more mature now than when he arrived in Washington...
"I don't know, I don't think so. He's the same guy. None of us are mature."

Adam Proteau of The Hockey News has the Caps finishing first in the East and says...

"I don’t care how tentative their goalie situation is – this group very well could be this season’s Penguins (only without the coaching change)."

...I'd pay attention. Here's what he said about the 2007-2008 Caps (the year that did have a coaching change)...

"3. Washington: Few think the Caps can be this good this quick. But that's what they said about Pittsburgh last season."

Was this an acceptance speech at the Academy Awards?...

"My children were here, my lovely wife was here, my two brothers, my nieces, my nephews, and those are the people who, today, are the most important people to me. They have supported me through thick and thin, they've gone through the pain and suffering I've gone through as well. I'm just thrilled to have this opportunity."

...nope. Theo Fleury after scoring the winner (in a Gimmick) in a 5-4 Calgary win over the Islanders.


And how's this for an olde-school jersey?...



...for the record, we like it.


No comments: